Chi Sim Modern Weng Chun System - founder Andreas Hoffman
- Siu lien Tau - Lok Yiu/Cheng Kwong version
- Chum Kiu - Lok Yiu/Cheng Kwong version
- Wing Chun Kuen (Ving Tsun Kuen) / Sap Yat Kuen? - Pak Cheung version
- Sam Pai Fut - Wai Yan version
- Biu Jee - Lok Yiu/Cheng Kwong version
- Jong Kuen - Chu Chong Man or Tang Yik version
- Muk Yan Jong - Lok Yiu/Cheng Kwong version
- Muk Yan Jong - Pak Cheung version
- Sap Geng Dao - Pak Cheung version
- Bot Jam Dao - Lok Yiu/Cheng Kwong version
- Gerk Jong - ???
- Luk Dim Boon Gwun? - Lok Yiu/Cheng Kwong version
- Luk Dim Boon Gwun? - Pak Cheung version
- Wing Dragon (Ving Dragon) - by Cheng Kwong
Above is the teaching program from Cheng Kwong Ving Tsun and Dragon Gymnastic Institute. This program was passed down to Andreas Hoffmann in the period of 1986-1988.
This is a hybrid style of Wai Yan/Pak Cheung Weng Chun and Lok Yiu/Yip Man Ving Tsun
Andreas had learned this material and spread it in Germany to his students in the period of 1988-1995. He also learned Dragon Shape boxing from Cheng Kwong, who actually created his own form using Dragon as the base called the Ving Dragon Form.
In 1996 he stopped teaching Cheng Kwong's curriculum, and started to focus on Wai Yan's material which includes:
- Fa Kuen (Blossoming Fist / Flower Fist) - Chu Chong Man Family
- Sam Pai Fut (Three Prayers to Buddha) - Lo Family
- Weng Chun Sap Yat Kuen? (Always Spring Eleven Hands) - Tang Family
- Jong Kuen (Dummy Fist) - Tang Family
- Muk Yan Jong (Wooden Dummy) - Chu Chong Man Family
- Luk Dim Boon Gwun? (Six-and-a-Half Point Pole) - Tang Family
- Seung Dao? (Double Knives)
- Rickson Gracie BJJ - Grappling and ground fighting techniques
- Various elements from Dragon Shape, Tai Chi and Hung Gar integrated as well
The System called,"Chi Shim Weng kuen", in modern times, usually refer's to a modern organization of material by Andreas Hoffman. A student of Cheng Kwong, who, because of the kindness of his Teacher, was introduced and briefly learned from his Si Gung, Wai yan. Subsequently, Andreas Hoffman went and briefly learned from the decendents of Tang family and Chu family.Andreas combined the Teaching of the 3 Core Families of Chi Shim, I.E. Tang, Dong, and Lo.Additionaly he also mixed in other Hung gar Methods as well as Brazilian Jui jitsu into his art.
It had been reported by an American Wing Chun Museum,that Andreas Hoffman, had been chosen as THE inheritor of the Weng Chun system for all the Family versions of it. In recent times, Cheng Kwong ,Hoffmans teacher/Sifu, made a public statement, that Andreas was never named inheritor for any of the branchs of Weng Chun. He was simply given a sign to hang in his school, that simply stated "Weng chun Kung Fu".
This doesnt blemish his accomplishments in terms of passing down Kung fu and helping spread Chinese martial arts as a whole.But puts in perspective, the fact that his system is a modern organization of material. Some of which is related to Wing chun, Some of it is not. It has been established by the Ancestral Wing Chun Kuen Research Institute? in recent times(2006)That originaly there was 1 system, called Wing Chun. This system seperated at the time of the Red boat dispersion.The one system focused on the Look Dim Boon Kwan? and [[Components/Muk Yan Jong]with Hung gar body structure, and the other focusing on the Hand forms and Knives.
Additionaly the only "Weng Chun" on the Red Boats, was the "Weng Chun Bok Hok" or Eternal spring County White Crane. Which, through almost 20 years of research, has turned out to be, more likly than not, one of Wing Chuns parent system's.
- Oral and written tradition Cheng Kwong
- Oral and written tradition Andreas Hoffman
- Oral and written tradition Tang Family
- Oral and written tradition Chu Chong Man Family
- Special thanks AWCKRI member Vingdragon